Lancashire parents application process for year 7 places now needs to be done on-line, paper booklets will not be circulated as in the past.
To complete your online application please visit; https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/schools/apply-for-a-school-place/
Admission Policy for Academic Year 2021/2022
When the school receives more applications than there are places available, the governing body will offer places using the following priority order:
- Children in public care and previously looked after children
- a) Baptised Catholic pupils (refer to box a)
b) other pupils who attend a partner Catholic school (refer to box b)
- pupils attending one of the ‘Church & Oswaldtwistle Cluster’ schools (refer to box c)
- pupils who attend a Christian faith primary school (refer to box d)
- a pupil who has a sibling who would be concurrently on roll at the school
- any other pupil
|BAPTISED CATHOLIC PUPILS
Send a copy of the pupil’s baptismal certificate to Mount Carmel R.C. High School, Wordsworth Road, Accrington BB5 0LU in an envelope marked ‘pupil admissions’, or hand in to the school office
|PARTNER CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
• St Anne’s & St Joseph’s Accrington
• St Mary’s Clayton-Le-Moors
• St Mary’s Oswaldtwistle
• St Oswald’s Accrington
• Sacred Heart Accrington
|‘CHURCH & OSWALDTWISTLE CLUSTER’ SCHOOLS
• St Andrew’s CE Primary
• Green Haworth CE Primary
• Hippings Methodist Primary
• Knuzden St Oswald’s CE Primary
• Moor End
• St Nicholas CE Primary
• St Paul’s CE Primary
• St Peter’s CE Primary
• West End
|CHRISTIAN FAITH PRIMARY SCHOOLS
• All Saints CE Primary
• Altham St James CE Primary
• Baxenden St John’s CE Primary
• Benjamin Hargreaves CE Primary
• St John’s with St Augustine’s CE Primary
• St Mary Magdalen’s CE Primary
• Other Christian faith schools
Where there are more applicants for the available places within a category, then the distance between the Ordnance Survey address points for the school and the home measured in a straight line will be used as the final determining factor, nearer addresses having priority over more distant ones. This address point is within the body of the property and usually located at its centre. Where the cut-off point is for addresses within the same building, then the single measure between address points will apply and the Local Authority's system of a random draw will determine which address(es) receive the offer(s).
Mount Carmel is now subsidising the cost of bus fares by 50% on 867 & 869 bus routes covering routes from Oswaldtwistle and Clayton-le-Moors.
Details regarding travel and bus passes can be obtained from the school.
This is a voluntary Aided school – please contact the school if you require further information Tel: 01254 233458, Admission number: 162
Policy Determined by the Governing Body: December 2019
Policies - Parent & Pupils - Admissions
Use this link to access information regarding the appeals process via Lancashire County Council.
All appeals will be done through Lancashire County Council and will be determined by them.