2021 GCSE Teacher Assessed Grades - TAGs
This webpage is a centralised location where you will find all information regarding the 2021 GCSE Teacher Assessed Grades.
- A letter to parents
- A video introduction to the generation of TAGs.
- Individual subject videos that talk parents through the process of generating a TAG.
- A live Year 11 assessment calendar that will be updated to indicate when exams are scheduled. This will be regularly updated to reflect any changes that may occur due to reasons out of our control.
- A copy of the JCQ guidance for students, parents and guardians: GCSEs in England (Summer 2021)
- Answers to frequently asked questions
Year 11 Summer 2021 - TAG Assessment Information
It is the aim of Mount Carmel to make the examination experience as stress free and successful as possible for all students.
Conduct in Examinations
- Students need to bring their own equipment to an examination. This includes pens, pencils, ruler, eraser and, where permitted, a calculator. If you use a pencil case, it must be transparent.
- Students should arrive in good time and ensure they know where to sit, according to the seating plan on display.
- Students will not usually be permitted to leave before the end of the examination, to avoid disturbance to other students.
- Mobile phones are absolutely forbidden and their use can result in instant disqualification. Students should not bring a phone or other electronic equipment to an examination, and if they do so they will be required to hand it in to the invigilators before the exam begins.
These are some of the most important points to be aware of.
Top Tips for success in exams
- A well organised, planned revision programme is essential – it will increase confidence and reduces stress. DO NOT leave it to the night before.
- Make the most of the last minute warm up sessions provides by your teachers. They provide vital hints and tips.
- Get plenty of sleep, eat well and drink lots of water. Your brain works better when it’s alert.