22 September 2021
Dear Parent / Carer
There are places for two parent governors on the governing body of this school. Parent governors are elected by the parents of pupils at this school to serve a 4-year term of office. You may, if you wish, put yourself forward for election using the attached nomination form. Please read the information given with this form.
The timetable for the election is as follows:
1. Nomination form to be returned to me by 12.00noon on Monday 4 October 2021 together with your biographical details
2. Ballot papers to be sent to all parents on Thursday 7 October 2021 (voting will only take place if there are more nominations than vacancies i.e. in this instance 3 nominations or more)
3. Ballot papers to be returned to me by 12.00noon on Monday 18 October 2021.
4. The votes will be counted at 1.30pm on Monday 18 October 2021.
Governors have an important and influential role to play in the life of our school and I do hope you will be able to take part in this election by becoming a candidate and by casting your vote when the time comes.
If you require any further information about being elected to the governing body, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Returning Officer for Governor Election
Accompanying this letter is information about Parent Governors. Also attached is:
• Nomination Form & Biographical Details (on the reverse of the nomination form). This page should be returned to school if you wish to stand for Parent Governor.
• Information about disqualification from holding a Governorship.
A link to the documents are below